The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

BACK TO WORK

I had a very busy month so far. I was on vacation and stained the back deck and front porch and had a few other errands to run. On the writing front, I attended another CAPA meeting in which they discussed CAPA's annual book sale at the BIG E, attended my first meeting of a new writers group at Barnes & Noble in Glastonbury, and received a request for a 30-50 page manuscript of 'The Killing Zone' from one of the publishers that I queried. Finally, I attended the first class of a beginner's guitar course at MCC. Although I received my first guitar 35 years ago, I'm still a beginner. That said, I can't play any popular songs, although I did know how to play 'Dust In the Wind'. I do know some chords and do play my own songs. Writing . . . Music . . . Writing . . . Music. Hmmm, I'll take writing.

No comments: