The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, July 9, 2010

BIG, BIG CONTROVERSY

I've recently been working on Montana Harvest, the first novel in The Jim Buchanan Series and I've come to a turning point in the overall story line of the novels. Originally, Jim's wife Kate was to pass away early in the series generating much anguish in Jim's life and paving the way for his future relationship with Police Chief Linda Stevens. However, Kate is now pregnant in the first novel and her original demise was to take place when she was in the early stages of her pregnancy. Now the story has adapted and Kate comes to a turning point with her mortality near the end of the novel. Complicating matters is the end of the novel corresponds with the end of her third trimester. What to do? Do I go ahead and kill off Kate and the baby, have Kate die but the baby survive or have the baby die and both Jim and Kate have a new emotional stressor in their lives. Also, if the baby survives does Jim raise him (it's a boy!) or does Jim's sister Mary Twofavors step up and take on the responsibility? So many difficult questions which will have a future bearing on my novels. I thought I'd ask the followers of my blog to provide me with some suggestions. See the above poll to voice your vote. Thanks.

No comments: