The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Brunch at the Marlborough Tavern

My former writing classmates and I took our teacher out to brunch at the Marborough Tavern on Sunday. It was so nice to see old friends some of who I haven't seen in almost two years. We made plans to form a writers group and also publish a compilation of short stories. When I attended the classes from 2004-2008 there was so much positive energy in our core group of writers and I felt that same energy on Sunday. Our teacher is amazing. He is so unassuming and supportive of each of us yet his accomplishments stand out for themselves. He is a retired college professor who headed the English Department at a US military academy, a Fulbright Scholar, and a writer who has worked for public TV, yet he still recognizes the creativity in his students and wants to see each of us succeed. I have been truly blessed to have met him and my classmates and wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: