The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Time to Blog

The start of my post is going to sound a little bit like the lyrics from a Sam Cooke song but here I go anyway:

Well, it's Saturday night and I spent a good day editing 'The Killing Zone'. One thing that I've discovered about editing is that nothing you write needs to end up being discarded. What were the remnants of a modified storyline becomes the plot of a future novel. A scene in my novel involving a deputy who rescues a girl from an outlaw biker gang, just didn't seem to fit. Now it will become the central theme for a future novel. The same deputy discovers a mysterious girl who doesn't remember who she is or where she came from. With a different scene, a few word changes, and new dialogue, a rough section that went nowhere becomes the hook for a future spinetingler.

No comments: