The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2012

Wisdom

I suppose wisdom can be defined as learning from one's mistakes or heeding the advice of others. If so, then I've incorporated wisdom into my novels. One thing I've learned from my trip to Montana is that because it is such a small populated state, I needed to fictionalize the locations in my novels. I created Cedar County with Taylor (pop. 65,167) as its county seat. US Route 228 (this highway does not exist anywhere in the USA) dissects Taylor. Some other towns in the county are Horace, Spaulding, Mallory, Big Stump, and Bryce Hollow. There is even a fictionalized ghost town named Louisiana City. Within Taylor are Taylor University and the Taylor University Medical Center. I also placed an office of the State Crime Lab in Taylor with Hank Kelly as the Chief Medical Examiner. Creating these fictionalized locations and establishments allows me to freely use them without offending or upsetting anyone.

No comments: