The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

1st Two Days of Retirement

My last day of work was Wednesday, March 31st and although I'm technically still on the payroll using vacation time through to the end of April, I am in retiree mode. I got up at 7:30 on Thursday morning, fed the dogs, ran a dish wash, read my emails, did a clothes wash, exercised, showered, and then got two of our dogs ready for a 2 PM vet appointment. Then I came home and stuck a home-made pizza in the oven for my wife and me. I didn't write yesterday but am seeing that many of the things that I used to accomplish either after work or on weekends can be done during regular weekdays. Today, I backed up three of my PCs and then donated blood, reaching the 12-gallon milestone.

No comments: