The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

RETIREMENT

Tomorrow, May 1st is the official start of my retirement although I've been using my earned vacation time for all of April thus far. Some of the things that I've done during April are: went to two weekday movies (Avatar with my father-in-law and Alice in Wonderland with my wife and father-in-law), joined a summer 10-pin bowling league, joined the local senior center, signed up for five continuing education courses at Manchester Community College, got a new digital SLR camera, and bought some recliners for my man-cave. Time has seemed to slow down considerably. Nothing is a rush anymore unless I unwisely decide to plan things haphazardly. Stress seems to be a thing of the past and I'm looking forward to writing, exercising, and getting involved in social and educational activities on a regular basis. The key is to be physically, mentally, and socially active. They are intertwined and essential for a healthy and happy life.

No comments: