The Jim Buchanan Novels Archive

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Memorable phrases by Sheriff Jim Buchanan

“They say Thompson Falls is halfway between Hope and Paradise.”

“My sister told me that our spirits were born in still water.”

“Old Man Coyote is a trickster. He takes many shapes. He lives among the Indians of the Plains.”

“I’ve got a hundred people pulling at me from all directions. Don’t piss me off.”

“She’s liable to tear each one of you apart. Then we won’t know if there were two, three, or four of you.”

“Well, there’s a bunch of dumb people out there too. On Wednesday I spied on a white supremacist meeting in the basement of the old church on West Street."

“I was riding on horseback over the Big Horn Mountains before I ever learned to drive a car.”

“The last time I felt the spirit of someone protecting us. I can’t say that today.”

“Think you’d find yourself in a proper frame of mind if you knew they ran a story about you on ‘60 Minutes’ while your ass was sitting on a cold bunk and they removed your belt and shoelaces so you didn’t hang yourself from a light fixture?”

“Blowing up the morgue is one thing but a federal conviction for multiple murders is a sure death sentence.

“Five minutes with those two, and all my problems will be cured.”

“Name’s Buchanan ... Jim Buchanan and I’m about ready to knock you and your gang into next year.”

“A twenty-five mile radius in Montana is like trying to single-out one dimple on a basketball.”

“No Martha. You stay put, this could get ugly.

“McCoy never screwed up this bad, eh?”

No comments: